Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships for Researchers 2018 – 2020
Deadline: March 31, 2017
The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is a globally competitive fellowship program for early and mid-career researchers aiming at improving the development and living conditions of children and youth or contributing to one of the Jacobs Foundation’s thematic priorities. This includes, but is not limited to educational sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, family studies, media studies, political sciences, linguistics, neurosciences, and medical sciences.
Fellowships are awarded to the most highly talented and innovative young scholars and mid-career researchers working on child and youth development. Funds from Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships are awarded directly to the Fellow’s institution and may be used over a three-year period by the Fellow to partially cover the Fellow’s salary and for any activity supporting the Fellow’s research, such as assistant salaries, equipment, technical assistance, professional travel, or trainee support.
- Funding ranges from 150,000 CHF to 400,000 CHF for fellows;
- Besides providing Fellows with independent and competitive funding, the program offers a wide range of non-financial benefits. Fellows are encouraged to interact with each other and make use of the Jacobs Foundation’s Conference Center Marbach Castle at Lake Constance (Germany) for short-term group residencies and workshops. Networking and alumni events will enrich the fellowships
- Open to scholars who engage in interdisciplinary work on individual development and learning of children and youth, and who seek to combine genetic, epigenetic, neurobiological, behavioral and social levels of analysis.
- Fellows are selected on the basis of their research accomplishments, creativity, and potential to become leaders in the scientific community through their contributions to the field of child and youth development. International relevance of the fellow’s planned work, the alignment of planned projects with the goals of the Jacobs Foundation, and the willingness to identify with their aims and to engage actively with them will also be selection criteria.
The following documents must be submitted online in one PDF document for an eligible candidate to be considered for a Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship:
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae including a list of the candidate’s scientific publications;
- A two-page statement by the candidate describing his or her significant scientific work and immediate research plans, and how these relate to the mission of the Jacobs Foundation (2 pages, 10pt, including references).
A confidential recommendation letter from a department head or other senior researcher supporting the candidate and describing his or her qualifications, initiative, and research, should be sent directly to email@example.com.
After review of preliminary applications, a selected number of candidates will be asked to submit a detailed full application by June 30, 2017. Candidates will be interviewed via Skype in September 2017, and selected candidates will be notified in November 2017.
For more information, visit Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship.
Accueil / Opportunies For English Speakers / Fellowship / Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships for Researchers 2018 – 2020
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowships 2018 (Fully Funded) Deadline: October 15, 2017 Applications are invited …