This is anticipated role. Regional Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for, and accountable for, the delivery of all logistics and supply chain related activities in accordance with International Medical Corps Logistics policies and procedures. Fundamental to this role is the ability to manage and motivate your logistics team and engage with other mission or response staff, external contractors and organizations therefore you are required to have the skills to communicate clearly verbally and in writing, plan for and deliver quality presentations and training, and produce timely written reports.
|Experience / Qualifications||• Evidence of practical experience in logistics management within the field of supply chain management (procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, etc.) fleet management and asset management, distribution support. • Proven record of experience of the management of logistics at a coordination level. • Evidence of 5 to 6 field deployments; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3 to 4 humanitarian emergency deployments and 4 to 5 international deployments; minimum 6 weeks in length. • Experience with donor specific procedures. • It is desirable that experience is supported by study by academic study, such as completion of the Certification in Humanitarian Logistics. • Prior experience of logistics software solutions (desired). • Experience of the management of budgets and the ability to prepare timely, complete and accurate reports.|
|Skills||• Evidence of the ability to plan for, and conduct training in all areas of logistics for national and international staff (suitable to staff knowledge level).
• The commitment and demonstrated skills to build national staff capacity in the areas of logistics management, supervision and monitoring
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
• Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills
• Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities
• Ability to integrate and work well within multi-ethnic and multicultural teams
• Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas.
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
• Valid driving license
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel (minimum requirement). Language Skills:
• Ability to read, write, analyse and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language
• Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions.
• Ability to speak French is desirable
|Positions||Other, Specialized technician|
|Areas of activity||Health, Other|
|Country||Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin america, Middle East, Cameroon, Central Africa, Chad, Djibouti, DR Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda, Yemen, Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Japan, Ukraine, Haiti, Iran|
|Salary / Allowance||TBC|
|Name and surname of contact person||N/A|
|On-line application link||http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx|
|Advertisement expiration date||08/10/2017|
International Medical Corps hires 01 WASH Coordinator – Roster Description PROGRAM BACKGROUND When catastrophe hits, International …