International Citizen Media Award 2017 (Over 1,500 Euro in Prizes)
Deadline: February 28, 2017
The International Citizen Media Award 2017 intends to honor tremendous international work in the field of citizen media and its products in the categories Video and Audio which have been created by private, non-commercial producers. The award distinguishes the dedication of citizens of all countries, their audiovisual products and their reporting concerning locally, regionally, globally and socially relevant topics. The topic for 2017 is Cultural Heritage – The memory of our past, the key to our future.
- Video Category
- Winner: 700 Euro prize money + trophy + certificate;
- Runner-Up: 400 Euro prize money + trophy + certificate;
- 3rd place: 200 Euro prize money + trophy + certificate
- Audio Category
- Winner: 300 Euro prize money + trophy + certificate
The winners of the International Citizen Media Award will be awarded on May 6, 2017 in the Citizen Media Centre Bennohaus. The award show will take place in the scope of this event.
- Producers: Single participants, groups, associations, civil initiatives, school classes and especially producers, actors and editorial teams in the field of citizen media work, resident in any location outside of Germany;
- Only one product per producer;
- Production period: Between January 1, 2016 and February 28, 2017;
- Duration: No product should be longer than 20 minutes;
- Language: English. Non-English Products in both the video and audio category must include an English transcript or, in case of a video product, English subtitles.
- At least PAL with 720 x 576 pixels (4:3/16:9 allowed)
- Recommended file container: .mp4 or .mov
- Recommended codec: .h264
- Recommendations for subtitles: Arial (font), white with black margin, size 16, maximum of 2 lines per subtitle (page), centered
- File container: .wav, .mp3 or .ogg
- Data Rate: at least 192 kbps
- Sample Rate: at least 44100 Hz
For more information, visit International Citizen Media Award 2017.