ImagiNation Afrika recrute 01 Communication Specialist
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 11 Aout 2017
Description de l’offre
ImagiNation Afrika seeks to enlist a communications specialist to develop and lead ImagiNation Afrika’s strategic communications. Working in partnership with program teams and social media intern, the Communications Specialist will To support ImagiNation Afrika’s overall communication strategy through crafting and management of multiple communication channels including social media presence and developing material for fundraising.
Messaging and Content
• In conjunction with Director craft key messages in French, English and other working languages that accurately convey IA / KI mission, vision and values to stakeholders and partners.
• Provide ongoing editorial support for other communications
materials as needed (e.g. training/programme materials)
• Draft, edit, post and/or send press releases, and other
communication materials ensuring consistent messages are delivered
• Organize and oversee the promotion, sales, and overall image
associated with KI programs, products and/or services.
• Study previous IA/KI campaigns — as well as those of key
competitors — to assess and evaluate approach and strategy ways
to get things done.
• Design effective campaigns that maintain consistency with how
the KI/IA brand is being approached elsewhere, both in and
outside of the company.
• Ensure that IA/KI products, services and products resonate with
current and potential customers.
• Monitor marketing trends and keep a close eye on competitive
products in the marketplace.
• Support in developing communication material for Ker
ImagiNation’s monthly programming including support in the
production of organization publications;
• Manage production and distribution of promotional materials
including social media graphics, and marketing posters and
• Ensure regular listings for programs, exhibitions and
activities in print and online local media;
• Liaise with designers and printers to produce publications with
agreed timeframe and budget
• Track press coverage and build targeted press lists;
• Develop and/or manage and implement strategic media and press
plans for all events, exhibitions and activities;
• Plan, organize and coordinate press events for exhibitions or
special project launches
• Draft press releases for IA/KI activities and provide
appropriate follow-up to media enquiries.
• Support, organize and promote fundraising events.
• Point-person for the development, implementation and execution
of marketing initiatives and activities. These initiatives and
activities include campaigns (print, web, social media,
broadcast, etc.), events, corporate responsibility programs and
• Development of high-quality fundraising/marketing materials.
• Identification of new sponsorship opportunities.
• Supervision of social media sites and website.
• Sustainable relationships with key media outlets (radio,
television, social media)
• Organization with Program Manager of two family nights a month.
• Successful sustainable sponsorship of key IA programs.
• Successful deployment of marketing and communication strategies
across social channels aimed at growing our communities and
supporters locally, across the continent and internationally.
This may require creating multiple strategies for different
• Demonstrable growth of key partnerships.
• Demonstrable growth of visitors and program participants.
• Fluent in English and French;
• Exceptional writing and editing skills.
• Relevant experience working with non-profit organizations,
especially working with children.
• Majors or potential majors in Business Administration, Finance
or Marketing, Communication and/or Visual Arts preferred.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in communications/media and/or
supporting the communications and advocacy strategies of
• Experience in development of communications output for print
and online materials.
• Demonstrated competency in planning AND executing social media
plans and strategies in creative ways that will “surprise and
delight” various social communities.
• Demonstrated competency in coordinating creative campaign
materials and posts.
• Dynamic, able to adapt to changing environment, cross cultural
sensitivity, able to multitask and work under pressure.
• Strong customer relations skills.
• Strong computer and Internet research skills
• Experience with WordPress, MailChimp, Facebook groups, Google
Suite services, Adobe PhotoShop et al, Twitter, Pinterest,
• Previous experience with digital video creation.
• Previous experience designing, managing web pages helpful byt
• Experience dealing with community based and sourced
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well
with all levels of internal management and staff.
• Team Player, Problem Solver and Active Track Record of
• Passionate about diversity and multi-lingual environments and a
firm believer in African youth as change makers.
• Fierce belief (and patience) in start-up cultures as learning
• Recognition of the importance of local languages and culture to
sustainable African growth and development.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this job position, please click on the link below:
Coordonnées de l’offre