IFITT’s ICT4D Scholarship to attend ENTER2018 eTourism Conference in Jönköping, Sweden
Deadline: September 1, 2017
The International Federation for IT in Travel and Tourism (IFITT) is offering ICT4D Scholarships for young talents from developing and emerging countries to attend the ENTER2018 eTourism Conference from 24-26 January in Jönköping, Sweden. The scholarship aims to provide a positive impact onto their respective communities through the application of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Organized by the IFITT, the ENTER2018 eTourism Conference Jönköping offers a worldwide and unique forum for attendees from academia, industry, government, and other organizations to actively exchange, share, and challenge state-of-the-art research and industrial case studies on the application of information and communication technologies to travel and tourism.
The scholarship consists of an assignment of a tutor, a non-cash prize for participation at ENTER2018 eTourism Conference (comprising of return travel from home country to Jönköping, Sweden, accommodation, and conference fee) and free IFITT membership for one year.
The non-cash prize consists of:
- An invitation from IFITT (International Federation of IT in Travel and Tourism) to attend ENTER2018 in Jönköping (Sweden) from 23rd to 26th January 2018.
- Return international economy flights to the nearest airport from the nearest major airport to the candidate’s university.
- Accommodation for four nights.
- Return transfer from/to airport to city accommodation at the destination. The non-cash prize is not transferable.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a University program either PhD (priority) or Master (or equivalent) in the below listed eligible countries. Evidences should be included in the application.
- The applicant may also have a research/work contract in one University belonging to the below listed eligible countries (e.g. researcher, lecturer). Evidences should be included in the application.
- The contract with the University of the eligible country should expire at least 6 months after ENTER2018 (i.e. July 2018). Evidences should be included in the application.
- Every applicant can apply only one time per year.
- The University should belong to the “Eligible Countries,” including:
- Priority countries (priority)
- Also eligible countries
- The IFITT ICT4D committee will make decision on the scholarship award. Committee members are elected by IFITT board.
- Scholarship will be ONLY awarded in relation to ENTER2018.
- IFITT will issue an invitation letter to successful candidates, conditional to the participation at ENTER2018.
- Each candidate is responsible for obtaining a valid travel visa and will have to cover all cost that occurs from that.
Submission should be connected with a Master or PhD thesis, having a clear orientation to the application of ICT in local tourism development. Awarded students will have the possibility to present their work at the PhD workshop during ENTER2018 eTourism Conference.
The research proposals should be a maximum length of seven (7) pages (A4) and should include the following headings:
- Page 1: Motivation Letter
- Why it is important to attend the PhD Workshop and ENTER2018
- Page 2-6: Research Outline
- Problem definition
- Literature review
- Conceptual development
- Proposed methodology
- Anticipated results
- Page 7: Local development
- Relevance of research for local tourism development.
- Page 8: Submission Checklist
- Please refer to the last page of this document
The curriculum vitae together with evidences of PhD enrolment and/or university contract should be attached to the application (no page limit). Please refer to the eligibility criteria. In your submission, please also indicate your progress toward completion of the thesis (e.g., thinking about it, just beginning the process, completed proposal, etc.). Each submission will undergo a review process.
After submission, applicants will be notified about the review outcome, along with recommendation to improve the proposal before the workshop. Accepted proposals will be made available as e-book to workshop participants before the PhD Workshop and published on the IFITT website. Participants are also required to prepare a poster presentation, which will be displayed throughout the entire ENTER2018 conference. The best research proposal will receive an award and will be recognized at the main conference event!
How to Submit
- Step 1: Please download the PhD-Workshop Author Advice as a style guide.
- Step 2: Submit your proposal via Easy Chair [Please Select “PhD Workshop”]
- Please note: the submission should consist of ONE single file.
For further queries, please contact Iis Tussyadiah (email@example.com).
For more information, visit ICT4D Scholarship for ENTER2018 eTourism Conference