IamGold rcrute 01 Manager, Corporate Affairs, West Africa
Descriptif du poste
The Manager, Corporate Affairs will support the Regional Vice President, West Africa, and the Senior Management team, by managing corporate affairs as well as identifying and developing opportunities in West Africa, especially in Mali and in Senegal. Participate in promotional campaigns in support of IAMGOLD’s corporate interests. Make sure that projects are integrated with other business activities and that regional and functional interests are represented. Assist in preparing a comprehensive government relations strategy and action plan for the region at both the operating and exploration stages.
Manage corporate affairs activities in Mali, in Senegal, and in new jurisdictions including identifying and developing opportunities for the company in West Africa, namely a CSR program in collaboration with the Manager in charge of sustainable development.
- Build and maintain a network of contacts with key stakeholders in West Africa, including host governments, relevant diplomatic missions, NGOs, and international organizations.
- Coordinate mining permit process, manage permits, and support project development teams during scoping, prefeasibility and feasibility studies.
- Participate in the development of the company’s stands on legislative/policy initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders to develop government relations and a CSR program in West Africa in collaboration with the Manager in charge of sustainable development.
- Monitor all corporate and government regulations, and ensure that the company fully complies with these regulations in a timely manner to maintain and preserve IAMGOLD’s assets, claims and properties in good legal standing.
- Act as key contact for mining and industry associations (based in West Africa), compare notes/stands taken by the company to other mining companies on a regular basis; and represents the company at the relevant Chambers of Mines.
- Interact with national, regional, and local authorities as well as any other relevant stakeholder to meet IAMGOLD’s sustainable development goals.
- Actively monitor, through in-country contacts, relevant issues in connection with promoting or protecting corporate interests. Keep up-to-date on any relevant changes that could impact corporate interests.
- Monitor legislative initiatives in the region, including Mining Code reforms, and any other industry issues.
- As a member of the internal GCPA, coordinate activities with the Corporate Affairs’ team.
- Manage advocacy/lobbying actions with host governments and relevant stakeholders.
Make sure that all projects are integrated with other business activities and that regional and functional interests are represented.
- Work with IAMGOLD’s sites and exploration teams in West Africa to provide direct support to teams in the field and proactively manage any government-related issues.
- Work closely the VP, Investor Relations, and supports the Business Development group with various strategic communications initiatives.
- Support, on an ongoing basis, a system to monitor, analyze, assess, and proactively deal with political risk in countries where the company currently operates or wishes to operate using in-country and external sources.
- Work with the Legal department and mining site personnel to facilitate and help expedite permitting of new projects or mine expansions.
- Provide support to other functional groups and teams on government relations related issues.
Assists in preparing comprehensive government relations strategy and action plan for the region.
- Prepare speeches and briefing documents (including training on media relations) for teams of the sites.
- Manage the implementation of the regional communications strategy and develop communication network of key media contacts
- Oversee all external events in which IAMGOLD may wish to participate, and ensure consistency with corporate brand
- Assist the Regional VP, West Africa, in maintaining an overview of the company’s key government relations priorities and projects.
- Ensure company’s strategy, operational developments and financial results are communicated effectively in the correspondence.
- Provide support to the Regional VP, West Africa, and VP, Investor Relations, with the media and communications in line with the regional communications strategy
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- University degree in a related field of study
- Good understanding of mining, mining taxation and regulatory issues
- Good understanding of CSR standards applicable to mining
- Minimum of 5 years of related government relation work experience, international institutions, communications and/or CSR
- Previous experience in the extractive industry preferable
- Bilingual French & English
- Superior presentation skills, including proficiency with PowerPoint
- Superior research and communication skills
- Strong communication skills; ability to draft narratives from a variety of data sources
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with various individuals
- Superior to outstanding judgment, proven by synthesizing conflicting information and making good choices on how and when to share this information
- Able to multi-task numerous projects and priorities at the same time
- Mines et métaux