Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award 2018
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Applications for the Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Award are open to full-time PhD students (domestic and international) enrolled during the current academic year. The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering. Students who are in their first or second year of study and are members of a minority group that is underrepresented in the technology sector, may elect to be evaluated for an Emerging Scholar Award.
- Computational Social Science
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Computer Vision
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Research Outside of the Above: relevant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
Each Fellow will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years);
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year);
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
- Fellowship is open to full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research;
- Students work must be related to one or more of the outlined research areas;
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) that the Fellowship is awarded;
- The Fellowship Program is open to PhD students globally who are enrolled in an accredited university in any country;
- Students applying for an Emerging Scholar award must be in their first or second year of study and identify as a member of one or more of the following groups:
- Black or African American
- Hispanic or Latino
- Native American or Alaskan Native
- Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
- Complete the online application
- The following are required application materials:
- Research Summary of 1-2 page which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research. Please reference the research areas;
- Resume or CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework;
- Two letters of recommendation from Advisor and Professional reference (can be from academia or industry). Please provide their email addresses.
Completed applications are due by Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 6:00pm PST. Applications may be saved and edited up until application deadline.