European Youth Forum Advocacy and Campaigning Training 2017 (Funded)
Deadline: September 20, 2017
The European Youth Forum is organizing an Advocacy and Campaigning Training for representatives of Member Organisations as part of its Capacity Building Scheme. The training is taking place from November 9-12, 2017 in Brussels, Belgium. The main aim of the 3-day training course is to strengthen the capacities of Youth Forum Member Organisations in advocacy and campaigning, and enable them to explore advocacy on various levels, exchange best practices and provide them with new perspectives.
According to the Work Plan 2017-2019, the Youth Forum commits to build capacity of its Member Organisations, based on their needs. The Membership Survey, conducted in April/May 2017, was used to assess the needs of the Member Organisations in regards to general capacity building and specifically related to advocacy.
The survey showed that most of the member organisations (88%) are engaged in policy and advocacy activities, and that the major challenge in those regards is ensuring impact and outreach of their advocacy actions. Thus, this training builds up on the survey findings and will address some of the main challenges of Member Organisations related to advocacy and campaigning.
- To explore what advocacy is on various levels (processes, actors and strategies) and what impact is / how it can be measured;
- To introduce a participatory approach in advocacy work (including young people, MOs, decision-makers, partners and other partners);
- To explore what lobbying is and how to address specifically policy makers at different levels;
- Identifying challenges and risks MOs are facing;
- To exchange best practices (especially on outreach and results and impact);
- Provide new perspectives to modify and implement changes into existing practices;
- To understand the relevance of European level advocacy and identify ways to link it to the national, local and organizational level;
- To develop entry points for campaign and advocacy activities (related to YFJ activities and / or identified topical own interests);
- To involve MOs in YFJ advocacy activities.
- The travel costs will be covered by the Youth Forum, in the limit of the published reference prices, following the standard reimbursement procedure;
- Accommodation will be provided by the Youth Forum, in shared rooms.
- This training is intended for multipliers, who are already involved in conducting policy level, advocacy and/or campaigning activities in their organisations. This is an intermediate level of training, meaning that previous experience in the topic is an asset to a successful participation in the programme;
- The training aims to bring together around 20 participants that fulfill the following profile:
- Representatives of member organisations, responsible for advocacy and campaigning in their organizations;
- Already have experience (personal / organizational) with advocacy or campaigning;
- Having a need/ interest to gain new perspectives on advocacy and campaigning in their organizational context;
- Motivated to develop advocacy projects and campaigns and be in position to implement those activities in the follow up;
- Committed to attend the Training for the full duration and be supported by a Member Organisations of the Youth Forum.
- Limited places will be also available for representatives of partner organisations of the Youth Forum;
- Competently able to work in English, the working language of the training;
- To apply please fill in the registration form before the September 20, 2017 (23:59 CET);
Confirmation from member organisation is requested on the applications. Selection results will be available end of September-beginning of October.