British Council is recruiting a Customer Services Assistant
Pay Band 2 Locally Appointed Two(2) Years Fixed Term Contract Location: Dakar, Senegal
As part of the customer services team, you will be the first point of contact for visitors, providing information about our services, taking payments, receiving incoming calls and forwarding them to other employees. You will assist in maintaining our client database, contribute to client requests, and assist Teaching Centre customers. You will demonstrate the highest standards of customer service at all times.
Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Main Duties:
The post holder will be accountable to Customer Service Manager, for the successful delivery of specific customer services activities.
The post holder will be responsible for providing customer service and administration support to Teaching Centre, Exams, and Programmes within the British Council Senegal portfolio.
Specific duties include:
• Customer Service
– To provide high level customer service on the front-of-house desk, answering enquiries including face-to-face, phone (first line of contact), email or letter / fax and to follow up customer enquiries, in line with corporate standards
– To ensure the Resource Centre looks tidy, at the beginning of each week ensuring all materials are at the right place.
– To ensure that all signs and instructions in the front of house area are in English and French.
– To ensure that the décor of the Resource Centre reflects the diversity of the UK.
– To take part of activities such as mystery shopping, Customer Effort Assessment, Customer Service week.
– To help ensure timely follow up through on specific pre-registration marketing activities.
– To help build, maintain, update consolidated customer database.
• Teaching Centre administration
– To implement and develop the delivery of registration services to Teaching Centre customers, using SAP, in order to meet customer needs and help the Teaching Centre to meet its target student numbers. To register customers into classes including processing payments/receipts for the Teaching Centre.
– To ensure that all customers registering for Teaching Centre courses are advised of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and that if they have special needs that they are welcome to raise this with our staff and teachers so that we make the learning environment as comfortable as possible.
– To Maintain the Teaching Centre filing system i.e. registers, registration forms
– To collate enquiries received face to face, via social media and report back to Customer Service Manager on a monthly basis
– To be accountable for handling Regular Public Courses and Corporate registers and ensure all necessary task related to it are performed according to deadlines
– To answer queries received via our information mailbox or social media within 48 hours which is corporate standards
– To monitor book inventory and ensure its accuracy
– To manage the teaching centre placement test booking for Regular Public Courses, Young learners and IELTS preparation courses
• Marketing & scorecard
– To assist with the collection of monitoring and evaluation data gathered from Teaching Centre in support of Scorecard and other evaluation requirements, as needed.
– To assist in implementing marketing and customer service strategies for the Teaching Centre by reaching deadline for each action points ( weekly basis)
To collect payments from customers for our services and provide receipts to the customersPlace the money in a cash box, keep the cash box locked, place the cash box in the safe at the end of each day, Each morning pass the money to Finance, keeping the receipt which they provide.
– To input payments for the Teaching Centre in SAP for the accurately
– To input over the counter money in daily cash journals in SAP for the Resource Centre accurately. Purchase orders: To process purchase orders in SAP accurately.
– To contribute to age debt money recovery in compliance with debt collection
• Being a British Council Advocate
– To participate in British Council activities as and when they occur, ensuring an effective presence, and ensuring that our requirements are met whenever activity takes place.
Other key responsibilities:
• working on the understanding that you are part of a larger team who all have a collective responsibility to deliver British Council services to the highest standard
• ensuring that all activity reflects key child protection, and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) issues
Special requirements for the job:
Some evening and weekend work is required
Skills and Qualifications
• Proficiency in English and French
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Marketing
One year in a customer service environment
For more details on the job, see attached below:
BC Core Skills
The British Council is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989
Application Deadline: 10 October 2016 at 23:59 UK Time
Please follow link to apply: