British Council IELTS Prize 2016/ 2017 for Students
Deadline: December 31, 2016
Applications are ongoing for the British Council IELTS Prize 2016/17. The Prize is awarded to high-calibre individuals with the motivation to develop their career, and who demonstrate the potential to contribute to society what they have gained from their undergraduate or postgraduate study experience.
The IELTS Prize enables students to study any chosen course in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme of a higher institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements. Please note, this Prize is for applicants who aim at starting their placement in academic year 2017/18.
- Local Prizes: Three prizes will be awarded (please refer to your country page for prize amount in local currency)
- Regional Prizes
- Grand Prize: First year of tuition fee up to £40,000*
- Second Prize: £10,000
- Third Prize: £5,000
*Actual amount depends on the university’s first year tuition fee of the winner
- Open to undergraduate and postgraduate students starting their placement in academic year 2017/18 at an institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
To apply for the IELTS Prize, you need an IELTS score. Haven’t taken the test yet? Please visit your country page to register for the IELTS test.
- Application Period: April 1 – December 31, 2016
- Shortlisting: January 2017
- Interviews for local prize: February 2017
- Interviews for Regional prize: March 2017
- Notification to winner: April 2017
- Winners to provide offer letter from university: June 30, 2017
For more information, visit British Council IELTS Prize 2016/17.