Be Coordinator of Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace 2017
Deadline: March 6, 2017
The Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace working group (CYSDP) is looking to recruit an outstanding young leader, passionate about, and with expertise, in the field of sport for development and peace (SDP), to support its work. The Working Group provides a platform for collaboration with young people on important national, regional and global development issues. It also strengthens the capacity of young people to engage with their communities, policy makers and wider stakeholders.
The Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace Network Coordinator will work with the Commonwealth Secretariat Youth Division and its partners, to guide and support the work of CYSDP. Their role of the coordinator will be to support CYSDP in six key areas; strategic planning, meetings & administration, CYSDP membership, publications and policy papers, stakeholder/network relationships, and communications.
The assignment is expected to take place over 4 months from March to June 2017. This contract may be renewable for up to 2 years from the initial contract period, subject to the discretion of the Commonwealth Secretariat.
Logistics and Remuneration
- £500/month for 4 months = £2000 (All Inclusive).
- In the event that other costs related to this assignment that arise, these are subject to approval by the Commonwealth Secretariat, following written notice, prior to the costs being incurred.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 29, be a citizen of a Commonwealth member country
- Applicants must show a demonstrated commitment to the CYSDP’s vision and mission through their volunteer or professional background.
- A full description of the role duties, as well as the eligibility criteria, can be found here – CYSDP Coordinator Terms of Reference.
Interested applicants are welcome to complete the form and upload relevant documentation where specified.
For more information, visit Call for CYSDP Network Coordinator