BBC recrute 01 Finance & Administrative Assistant
Descriptif du poste
- Reviewing invoices and coding and submitting them online for payment after authorisation.
- Reviewing and certifying expenses to ensure compliance with BBC Expenses Policy.
- Updating and maintaining various financial spreadsheets, using Excel and ensuring compliance with BBC policies and procedures relating to purchasing and accounts.
- Assisting in the administration of petty cash.HR Administration Duties
- Supporting the “on-boarding” of new starters and exiting of leavers.
- Organising the logistics of training courses as required.
- Preparing monthly payroll under the supervision of the Bureau Manager, Dakar as required.General Administration Duties
- Managing office stationary supplies.
- General bureau administration of arranging permits, visas etc.
- Responsibility for hotel reservations and arrangements for visiting BBC staff etc.
- Organising transport for guests as necessary.
- Ensuring the BBC Dakar Bureau complies with all relevant BBC safety procedures.
- Keeping other team members informed of issues affecting them.
- Escalating all issues to the Bureau Manager, Dakar and as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to prioritise, to use initiative and to work effectively under pressure without close supervision.
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of people and at all levels of the BBC.
- Good planning and organising skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Practical knowledge and skills in using a range of packages, including Word, Excel and accounting packages.
- Ability to meet deadlines, often under pressure.
- Experience of producing timely and accurate information and reports.
- Able to work with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience of and ability to work flexibly and pragmatically in an operational environment.
- A lively interest in the broadcast news, online news and wider media environment and appreciation of the particular demands it may place on financial and administrative work.
- Good working knowledge of the BBC’s Health and Safety procedures.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French.
Contract – Local Recruit
Contract 6.5 Months Maternity cover – 01/10/2016 – 15/04/2017
Location – Dakar, Senegal
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background