Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2016 – Marrakech, Morocco (Funded)
Deadline: September 12, 2016
The German Marshall Fund of the United States and the OCP Policy Center are proud to announce the fifth edition of the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. Held under the theme “Changing Mental Maps: Strategies for an Atlantic in Transition,” this unique opportunity for rising leaders will take place December 12-16, 2016, in Marrakech, Morocco. The program will precede and include The Atlantic Dialogues.
Over the two days of the program, the 2016 Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program combines policy workshops, creative thinking, professional leadership training, peer-to-peer learning, and opportunities for networking and exchange. The emerging leaders will then be invited to participate in The Atlantic Dialogues conference. The organizers will provide selected emerging leaders the opportunity to contribute to panels during The Atlantic Dialogues based on their expertise and experience in order to foster real intergenerational dialogue.
- For the selected applicants, the organizers will be pleased to cover hotel, meals, and local travel during the event. We also have limited funds available for travel assistance for the selected emerging leaders.
- Open to ascending leaders who have demonstrated leadership in their sector, are dedicated to strengthening ties across the Atlantic, have a desire to effect real and lasting change, and engage with and have an impact on the regional, transatlantic, and global agenda;
- The Emerging Leaders are chosen for their outstanding achievements as well as for their engagement on social and economic issues facing the Atlantic region;
- Applicants must be between the ages of 23 (inclusive) and 35 (inclusive) on the day that applications for the fellowship open, which is July 14, 2016;
- Candidates must be citizens of a participating country and need to speak English proficiently;
- Candidates must be available for the full five days of programing;
- Candidates must be citizens of countries in these regions: Africa; North, Central, or South America; the Caribbean; or the European Union.
Applicants should send their current resume or CV in PDF format and a personal statement of no more than 250 words explaining the reasons for their application and how they will contribute to and benefit from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program.
- Complete the application form.
For more information, visit Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2016.