ARSO Continental Essay Competition 2016 / 2017
Deadline: January 31, 2017
Rwanda Standards Board (RSB) in collaboration with Africa Organization for Standardization (ARSO) is organizing the 4th Continental Essay Competition 2016/2017 with the effort to ensure that youth are enlightened and their standard culture is improved. This year’s theme is: “Role of Standardization in Facilitating the Rights of Women.”
- At Regional Level
- 1st Position – USD 500
- 2nd Position – USD 300
- 3rd Position – USD 200
- At Continental Level
- 1st Position (Male and Female) – USD 1000 each
- 2nd Position – USD 800
- 3rd Position – USD 500
In addition, the winners will be given a trip and accommodation to the next ARSO General Assembly event that wil take place in 2017 to be honored.
- Open to all students below the age of 35 years and studying in a university/college recognized by the local commission for university education or equivalent body and minimum of 25 participants should register.
All entries must obey these rules:
- Length of essays: Essays should be between 1000 and 1200 words;
- Presentation: Essays should be double spaced and presented in Century Gothic, size 12;
- Language of essays: Essays may be submitted in English or French;
- Information on the author: Authors may use up to 50 words to describe themselves. Information should include their names, course and year of study, name, town and country in which their university is located. (N.B: this will not be part of the 1000- 1200 words).