ARES Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
Deadline: 10 Feb 2017 (annual)
Study in: Belgium
Course starts 2017
Each year, the ARES gives an average of 150 scholarships under masters and 70 scholarships through courses to nationals of selected developing countries.
Participating universities and academic institutions in Belgium
Level/Fields of study:
Eligible Masters and Training courses in the fields of aquaculture, health, food technology, economics, international development, GIS, information technology, agriculture, environment, human rights, microfinance, etc.
See the complete list of eligible courses at the official website.
Number of Awards:
150 Masters scholarships and 70 training scholarships are available.
The scholarships are for nationals of: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for courses in English), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam.
The scholarship covers international travel expenses, living allowance, tuition fees, insurance, housing allowance, etc.
In his application to be admissible, it is necessary that the candidate:
1. originates from a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must reside and work in their country at the time of introduction of the file;
2. only nationals of the following countries are allowed to apply for scholarships from the ARES: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for courses in English), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam;
3. is aged less than 40 years for the courses, and less than 45 for courses , and at the start of training;
4. is carrying a comparable degree from a diploma of second cycle of the Belgian university. However, for some formations, different requirements can be set, which will be specified below;
5. demonstrates a professional occupation in developing countries of at least two years after the end of its graduate level , or three years after the end of his studies when the candidate holds a 3rd cycle degree from one university in an industrialized country;
6. have a good knowledge of written and spoken French. For training organized in another language, it is necessary to have good knowledge of the course language, written and spoken. We also ask the candidate to commit to learn French in order to participate in daily life in Belgium;
7. applies for a single formation.
Candidates must not obtain prior entry in one of the French-speaking universities of Belgium in order to apply for grants of ARES.
To apply for the scholarship, complete the single form scholarship application and admission to one of the French-speaking universities of Belgium. The application must be sent to ARES (rue Royale 180, 1000 Brussels, Belgium) ONLY by MAIL or EXPRESS MAIL by 10 February 2017* at the latest.
*Before 13 January 2017 for the following courses:
- • Internship recovery of secondary resources for sustainable construction
- • Quality Control in placement and quality assurance of medicines and health products
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.ares-ac.be/en/cooperation-au-developpement/bourses/masters-et-stages-en-belgique