Annual AMENDS Conference 2017 Fully Funded
Deadline: November 1, 2016
Applications are invited for the 6th Annual American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue at Stanford (AMENDS) Conference. AMENDS’ mission is to facilitate a platform for promising youth leaders working from across the Middle East, North Africa and the United States to maximize their initiatives by providing them access to opportunities for developing key skills, networking with established leaders and sharing their initiatives with a larger audience.
Delegates will be selected based on the level of their dedication to promoting change in the MENA region and/or in U.S.- MENA relations. AMENDS will also heavily consider the past experiences and backgrounds of each delegate that will enable him/her to contribute a unique perspective to the conference, in order to ensure a rich, diverse group of delegates. This year, the annual summit will be held from April 19 to 23 at Stanford University.
Accepted delegates will:
- Present a 10-12 minute video talk about their initiative at Stanford University. Hosted on AMENDS channel, these talks have over 70,000 people;
- Attend a networking dinner;
- Receive financial and logistical assistance with flights and visas to and from Stanford, CA. Accommodations and food will be provided;
- Attend workshops and talks at Stanford. In the past, this has included a talk by Prince Moulay Hicham, a workshop on presenting by the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and a workshop on design thinking by the Stanford d.school;
- Join and take leadership in the AMEND Fellows Network, a self-sustaining network of 120 former delegates. For the past 3 years, a separate conference has been held annually for fellows at Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Be 18 – 28 years old;
- Have innovative ideas and well thought-out initiatives that could affect positive change in the world;
- Have initiatives addressing political, social, or economic issues pertaining to the Middle East in innovative ways;
- Demonstrate the potential to further understanding between the respective regions and demonstrate potential to influence American-Middle Eastern affairs.
Complete the application form.
For more information, visit 6th Annual AMENDS Conference.