Akademie Schloss Solitude Residency Program 2017–2019 for Young Artists and Scientists
Deadline: November 30, 2016
Applications are now open for the 2017-2019 Akademie Schloss Solitude for residential fellowships for young artists, scholars, scientists, and economic professionals. The fellowship offers young artists from around the world the opportunity to develop and advance their projects at the Akademie, creating a close-knit, global network of Solitude alumni that expands from year to year.
For this application round, Akademie Schloss Solitude is granting approx. 70 residential fellowships of three to twelve months in duration.
International artists are invited to apply from the following disciplines:
- Architecture (design, landscape architecture, urban planning)
- Visual Arts (including performance art)
- Performing Arts (stage design, dramatic texts, dramaturgy, musical theater, performance, direction, drama, dance)
- Design (fashion, costume, product and furniture design, visual communication)
- Literature (essay, criticism, poetry, prose, translation)
- Music/Sound (interpretation, sound installation, sound performance, composition)
- Time-based Media (including video installation, fiction and documentary) and
- Web-based Media (web development/coding, web design/animation, web art, digital journalism/storytelling with focus on arts & cultural communication).
- Fellowships are usually awarded for a period between three and twelve months.
- Free accommodation is included, and fellows are awarded € 1,150 monthly.
- Fellows are provided with a furnished living/working studio (including electricity, water and heating).
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure in Stuttgart will be covered on a one-time basis.
- As a rule, the studios are usually only equipped for one person (due to their size).
- Fellows may use the Akademie’s ateliers (wood and metal) under the supervision of the resident managers.
Optional additional benefits to be adjusted according to the current budget situation:
- Rent subsidy in the case of double housekeeping.
- Transport expenses subsidy for the carriage of materials and books to Stuttgart and from Stuttgart to the fellow’s home town.
- Project funding and one-off materials subsidy.
- Subsidized health insurance in the case of non-EU fellowship candidates.
- You are aged up to 35 years, or you have completed a university or college degree within the last five years.
- You have completed your academic studies. Please note that applications from those still enrolled in degree programs during the application round will not be considered. Graduate students may submit applications.
- A limited number of fellowships are awarded regardless of the applicants’ age. Decisions relating to the above will be made by the responsible juror.
- Would you like to apply as part of an artist group? In this case, each group member must fill in an application form on their own behalf. However, the various applications must be sent in a single application/mailing with the joint work samples.
- Knowledge of German, English or French is a prerequisite for application.
- If you have applied for a fellowship from the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg (Baden-Württemberg Art Foundation), whose application procedure runs at the same time, you may not apply for an Akademie Schloss Solitude fellowship.
- Former fellows of the Akademie Schloss Solitude cannot apply again.
- The Solitude fellowship is a residency fellowship. At least two thirds of the fellowship period must be spent at the Akademie.
- All fellows must have their permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship’s duration (obligation to register residence).
To apply, register and download the application form
For more information, visit Akademie Schloss Solitude Residency Program.